Peer-Reviewed Articles and Essays
- author, "Tactical Jus ad Bellum: The Practice and Ethics of Military Designations of Friend and Foe," Journal of Military Ethics, Vol. 20, No. 1, 2021. Forthcoming.
- author, "The Science and Ethos of Military Intervention," Peace Review, Vol. 30, No. 4; December 2018.
- author, "Applying the Ethics of War and Peace: A Military Perspective," in Perspectives on Politics, Vol. 13, No. 2, June 2015
- author, "The Soldier as Lethal Warrior and Cooperative Political Agent: On the Soldier's Ethical and Political Obligations toward the Indigenous Other," Armed Forces & Society, Vol. 38, No. 2, April 2012
Book Chapters and Similar Entries
- author, "A New Approach to Doing Military Ethics," in Handbook on Research Methods in Military Studies, eds. Joseph Sorters, Patricia M. Shields, Sebastiaan Rietjens (Routledge Press, 2014)
- author, "Military Ethics," in Encyclopedia of Public Administration and Public Policy, 3d ed., Melvin Dubnick and Domonic Bearfield, eds. (CRC Press, November 2015)
- author, book review in Perspectives on Politics of Benjamin Jensen's Forging the Sword: Doctrinal Change in the U.S. Army (Stanford Security Studies, 2016), Vol. 15, No. 4, December 2017
- author, book review in Perspectives on Politics of Roger Wertheimer's Empowering Our Military Conscience: Transforming Just War Theory and Military Moral Education (Ashgate Publishing Company, 2010), Vol. 8, No. 4, December 2010
- author, book review in Perspectives on Politics of Jeff McMahan's Killing in War (Oxford University Press, 2009) and William F. Felice How do I Save My Honor: War, Moral Integrity, and Principled Resignation (Rowman & Littlefield, 2009), Vol. 8, No. 1, March 2010